The following topics may be presented in a 45-60 minute format, and may include a short Q&A with the audience.
That’s Irrational! Why Selling To The Logical Brain Won’t Get Results
People don’t make “rational” decisions. Your web experiences may be laid out in a logical way, and that is costing you a lot of money. Understand the latest in neuromarketing research to bias visitors subconsciously, and make it more likely that they will take the desired action on your web page. Learn the power of framing, irrational anchors, and visual biases. Find out what motivates your primitive reptilian brain, and how to skyrocket online conversion rates!
What you will learn:
- Why you really have three brains, and which ones are really in charge
- How to limit choice overload and focus people on the desired outcome
- How to maximize value by framing and bracketing to create context
- Practical applications for your online marketing campaigns
Ending The War Between Branding And Direct Response
There is a war going on in marketing departments around the world, and it has resulted in untold amounts of needless suffering. On the one side are the guardians who insist on orthodoxy and brand purity. On the other side are the maverick direct response teams – willing to try anything. Each views the other with hatred and suspicion – thinking that their own viewpoints are correct and complete.
But this does not need to be the case. Join noted conversion rate optimization (CRO) expert Tim Ash as he lays out a comprehensive framework for uniting these seemingly intractable enemies, and harnessing their combined power to create synergistic results.
You will learn:
- How branding and direct response practitioners view each other
- Key concepts for understanding the power and limitations of brands
- Understanding how brands subconsciously frame the direct-response offer
- How to create a framework for powerful brand/direct-response synergies
Why Your Content Marketing Is Failing – And How To Save It
Take a provocative trip that will have you questioning all of your content marketing assumptions. Running faster on the he content-creation gerbil wheel is not the answer. Stop spewing garbage that no one is interested in. Learn how to create compelling content that actually helps your website visitors move down the sales funnel, and makes you money in a predictable manner.
What you will learn:
- The difference between noise-making and being of service
- Why content is critical to support every stage of the buyer journey
- The content marketing sweet-spot, and where content marketing will not help you
- Three key strategies for creating content that converts
Insights into Mobile Conversion
The “year of mobile” has already happened, and you are late to the party.
In the rush to catch up, you have probably retrofitted “mobileness” belatedly onto some of your desktop web experiences. Unfortunately this approach will most likely fail. Understand the pitfalls of going mobile, and why it is fundamentally different from desktop.
You will learn a number of important perspectives on creating a compelling mobile conversion strategy:
- Why context (and not content) is king
- Characteristics and behaviors of mobile users
- The real mobile “killer app”
- Why “responsive lite” websites are not the answer
- Guidelines for creating optimal mobile experiences
The Magic of Wizards – How to Transform Your Ecommerce Website
The biggest problem with your eCommerce website is product findability – your visitors are drowning in a sea of seemingly similar choices. If they can’t confidently find the right product, they certainly can’t buy it.
Cut through the clutter by guiding them with a custom online “wizard” experience!
Learn how wizards:
- Overcome information overload
- Get extra commitment to buy, while educating your prospects
- Increase both conversion rate, and average order value
- Collect invaluable market research for free
- Turbocharge sales with personalized email & retargeting follow-ups
Wandering In the Ecommerce Wasteland – A Conversion Odyssey
Our companies make money with ecommerce websites, and this fact covers up many problems. We rarely appreciate the cumulative impact of seemingly-small issues that result in much lower conversion rates. Join conversion rate optimization authority Tim Ash as he describes a personal experience from the viewpoint of a very frustrated consumer, and shares insights on how to make your ecommerce site rock.
What you will learn:
- Why you are a poor judge of the effectiveness of your site
- How a series of anxiety-producing micro-moments can destroy your conversion rate
- Understanding the concerns of your prospects at every stage in the buying journey
- Practical fixes you can apply to your ecommerce website today
The Conversion Maturity Model – A Roadmap to Higher Online Profits
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is an increasingly popular activity. Unfortunately, it has often been relegated to the sidelines, and seen largely as a tactical split-testing activity within the online marketing department.
The real strategic potential of CRO can’t be unleashed without considering the whole company. Optimization expert Tim Ash will describe a 360-degree vision, to evaluate your own company’s ability to use CRO as an engine for growth.
The Conversion Maturity Model objectively measures capabilities in areas such as:
- Marketing technology and tools
- Customer experience (online and omni-channel)
- Organizational structure and staff skillsets
- Measurement and accountability
- Process and culture
Learn where you stand on this important map, and what steps you need to take to accelerate your online business.
The Four Pillars of Building Instant Trust Online
Websites and landing pages have very real trust issues – they create anxiety and uncertainty for many visitors. Before people will act or transact, these concerns must be alleviated and overcome. But how can you do this online when you only have seconds to establish trust? In this provocative session, SiteTuners CEO and bestselling author of Landing Page Optimization Tim Ash, will show you how to effectively use the Four Pillars of Trust and smooth the way to your online conversion goals. Learn via vivid examples how appearance, authority, social proof, and transactional assurances can skyrocket your landing page effectiveness.
Your Baby Is Ugly – Rapid-fire Live Landing Page Critiques
Your landing page stinks – its just a question of degree. Bring your URL and Conversion Rate Optimization expert Tim Ash will give you some quick and actionable tips to immediately improve performance. Guaranteed to be an educational and entertaining session!
The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design
Changes in web page efficiency can dramatically improve the profitability of your online marketing programs. This fast-paced and practical session will provide you with a crash course in landing page optimization. Learn to identify the common Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design that are present on almost every landing page, and how to avoid them:
- Unclear Call-to-action
- Too Many Choices
- Asking For Too Much Info
- Too Much Text
- Not Keeping Your Promises
- Visual Distractions
- Lack of Trust
The following workshops may be presented in a 4-6 hour format, typically to groups of 10-40 people.
A Crash Course in Conversion Rate Optimization – Hands On
How much money are you losing with poorly performing websites and landing pages?
Changes in website efficiency can dramatically improve the profitability of your online marketing programs. This fast-paced and practical hands-on training will provide you with a crash course in conversion rate optimization (CRO). Noted digital marketing expert and SiteTuners CEO Tim Ash will help you to improve conversions by applying “The Matrix” methodology to your website. The Matrix is a framework for understanding your audience from a user-centered design perspective, and ensures that you will consistently get the more of right people through the right activities in the right order.
All participants will receive a personalized autographed copy of Tim Ash’s book Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide To Testing & Tuning For Conversions. Short lecture segments will alternate with practical hands-on work. Participants will complete exercises to apply key concepts to their specific situation.
Who Should Attend:
- Marketing directors
- Online media buyers
- Webmasters & web designers
- SEO & PPC specialists
What You Will Learn:
- An overview of conversion rate optimization
- How to uncover the Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Pages
- How to segmenting your online audience into mission-critical roles
- Breaking down each role into specific tasks (“use cases”)
- Understanding key decision making steps (awareness, interest, desire, action)
- A process for creating user-centered websites
Ecommerce Conversion Masterclass
Join digital marketing expert Tim Ash in this fast paced crash course in optimizing your eCommerce experiences! Powerful prepared content will alternate with practical hands-on examples from the audience. Plenty of time will be left for insightful discussion to answer your specific questions.
What you will learn:
- Interactive rapid-fire live reviews of attendee eCommerce websites
- Mistakes to avoid on key pages: homepage, search results, category, product detail, and checkout
- Mobile eCommerce challenges and how to approach them
- How to structure your categories and products selection to maximize sales
- Effective abandonment recovery techniques for shopping carts
- Supporting the full customer journey with marketing automation
- Personalization and one-on-one experiences
- Offline and call-center follow-ups to amplify sales
- How to use data append to create look-alike audiences
- Driving effective traffic with programmatic media buying and retargeting
Tim personally guarantees that you will be overloaded with actionable take-aways that will pay for themselves many times over!
Developing a Mobile Content Plan That Converts
Conversion Rate Optimization CRO) expert Tim Ash will help you to develop an actionable mobile conversion strategy. The workshop will feature learning segments, plenty of room for audience questions, guided discussions, and interactive exercises using participant websites as examples.
What we will cover:
- A framework for mobile conversion (understanding the mobile environment and context)
- Specific problem/solution best practices for mobile design
- Optimizing mobile emails and landing page experiences
- Mapping your mobile content to the stages of the customer journey
Onsite Training Days
Don’t send your whole team to conferences hoping for a few nuggets of wisdom – bring a world-class marketing expert onsite instead! Get Tim Ash in your offices for a full day of learning that is tailored to your needs. Not only do you eliminate travel costs, event fees, and disruption for your employees, but you get to leverage in-depth customized insights across your whole organization. Typical onsite days include a combination of the following:
- Group training (select from any of the topics/formats above)
- Consulting on your current initiatives with your project teams
- Online strategy and executive coaching
Virtual Events & Remote Training
Planning a virtual event and need a world-class marketing keynote to anchor it? Look no further – talk to Tim about the timing, topic, format and audience for your event and he will bring the value!
Want to conduct a remote video training for your staff around the world? Just pick from the topics above along with a live Question & Answer segment and get interactive access to Tim without leaving your desk.
Not seeing exactly what you need? Tim can create custom packages just for you!